Luxury vinyl floors are a great option for homeowners looking for an attractive, cheaper, durable, and long-lasting alternative to traditional hardwood floors. But WPC (wood plastic composite) vinyl floors are superior in every aspect, plus they’re 100% waterproof.
The mere addition of the special waterproof core to luxury vinyl flooring makes WPC flooring the ideal choice for nearly every room in your house. It is also incredibly easy to clean and maintain, which makes it a favorite flooring option for businesses and commercial spaces.
Beauty and low maintenance, even in high traffic areas, is not a very common combination for any flooring option. Thanks to the solid, waterproof core, WPC flooring doesn’t swell, peel, or ripple, even if you flood it with liquids. But just because WPC has amazing resistance doesn’t mean that it’s indestructible.
Learning how to clean and care for your floor will ensure that you continue to enjoy your investment for years. Here’re a few tips to clean and care for WPC flooring:
• WPC flooring is a zero-maintenance material. In other words, you can keep it looking fabulous with an occasional vacuum and damp mop.
• Dry mop or vacuum your floor before wet cleaning in order to remove as much dust, dirt, and debris as possible. Make sure to mop the baseboards, corners, and under your furniture, as well.
• It is quite easy to deal with unexpected spills on your WPC floor. But as with any surface, any spill should be cleaned immediately, because they tend to get harder to deal with the longer they stay. Simply wipe the spills with warm water and a gentle cleaner. There is no need for hard scrubbing or harsh cleaners.
• You can use apple cider vinegar to help remove stubborn dirt and grime stains; jojoba oil or WD-40 lubricant to remove stubborn scuffs; or baking soda and water to remove food stains from tomato sauce, mustard, etc. Make sure to clean the area with water afterwards.
• When moving furniture, appliances, or other heavy items across the flooring, always use plywood sheets. This is a great way to prevent scuff marks or tears on your floor. In addition, consider using vinyl coasters underneath the feet and legs of your furniture to safeguard your floor.
Lastly, the best way to care for your WPC flooring is by reducing the accumulation of dirt, stains, and abrasions, so you won’t need to clean your floor regularly. Consider placing a rug or doormat at the entrance to your home or building to minimize the dirt and grime that goes inside.